Aren't English?

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Dyslexia

Dyslexia is something I hate. I don't hate people with dyslexia, I just hate it. One of my friends have it and sometimes it's quite hard to watch her getting criticized by our teacher, so I am going to do this dyslexia post to help those without it to help those with it.

The definition of dyslexia is-
 Any of various reading disorders associated with impairment of the ability to interpret spatial relationships or to integrate auditory and visual information.

Dyslexia is basically the fact that your brain isn't properly learning about things written down. It's nothing to do with the way your taught, but the way your brain responds to it. Like, a simple word like "mean" would be difficult to read because in their head, they don't see letters like us, they may see them backwards or even upside down which takes the brain longer to process.

Sometimes dyslexia affects speech, I know two people with dyslexia and one of them always stutters  before talking and the other can't pronounce certain words properly. Like, instead of saying out, she would say "a-oot" and she sounds like she's saying it in a Geordie accent even though she's Scottish.

I also know another girl who has it and tries to cover it up, like she actually says she doesn't have it. We all know she does because the teacher has her in the dyslexia group, but we don't mind. None of the girls bother about things like that. Although we can't stop the boys from being boys.

Hope this helped!

2 comments:

  1. Dyslexia is a very important subject to talk about and I'm glad you did! My good friend has it and when we finish secondary school he got all A's including English so tell your friend she can still accomplish anything despite it! Great blog, keep at it!

    www.enjoytheminuscule.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'll tell her that! +Sinead Gray

    ReplyDelete